10 April 2014

Leilanie's story..

Sweet Leilanie was born at just 29 weeks weighing 1450 grams.  Here is her story, as told by her mum.

"This is leilanie. My 29 weeker princess. She was born on the 16th of March 2014 weighing 1450 grams and 34cm long. 

After being admitted into hospital on the 26th of February 2014, due to loosing my mucous plug, I was dialated to 3-4cm and had protruding membrances. In the 19 days i was in hospital I went in and out of labour 4 times. Then on saturday the 15th of March 2014, I started having pains and the midwifes told me it was nothibg and kept giving me panadol.   After a rough sleep the next morning at change over, I told the new nurse I was in pain. 

I was then put on monitors and taken to the birthing unit where the midwives down there said I would be going back up to my room and I kept saying I wouldn't.
 
After 12 hours of pain my waters had to be broken by a doctor and at 10:19pm I gave birth to a tiny little girl who was sure to let everyone know she was here with a good set of lungs on her. 


She has been in NICU and Special Care for 24 days now and is doing very well.

She is currently weighing 1.7kgs and breathing completely on her own. The only thing left is to get her off tube feeds and onto the breast.

The nurses are amazing for the job they do looking after prem babies.

I cant wait until we are able to bring her home."

We wish this lovely family all the best for the rest of their journey.

The Dream A Little Dream Team


No comments:

Post a Comment